Cyborg 009: Call of Justice (サイボーグ ゼロゼロナイン コール オブ ジャスティス?) is a 2016 3-D film by Ishimori Productions and TOHO Animation for the manga's 50th anniversary. The CGI was made by Signal.MD, OLM Digital Inc. and Toneplus Animation Studios. This film consists of 3 chapters. 
Kenji Kamiyama takes the role of chief director of the project while Koudai Kakimoto will be the film's director. Both have previously worked in 009 Re:Cyborg. Signal.MD, an anime studio subsidiary of I.G. Port will be animating the film while Ishimori Productions and Production I.G. will produce it.
The Blessed, a group of people who possess superhuman powers and intellect, and have manipulated human history since ancient times. Their goals are unknown and they cast a dark shadow over the world.
Though few people believe in the Blessed's existence, one journalist named Lucy Davenport heads to Texas to contact a certain family, and she meets the cyborgs who escaped from the clutches of Black Ghost and have defended humanity from them and other threats. The cyborgs themselves have been freed from their duty of protecting humanity ever since the establishment of the UN Guardian troops, and they now live quiet lives of peace. However, Lucy's visit and the return of the Blessed draw Joe and the others once more unto the breach of a new battle.
- Lucy shows photo images of the 00 Cyborgs during their past adventures and she references specific dates that correlate to the real world printing of those adventures:
- The Photos of 009 in 1965 and in 1966 reference the Assassins and Vietnam arcs of the manga as Joe battles 0013 and the black tank the Cyborgmen used in Vietnam.
- Lucy speaks of an island in the Aegean Sea that 002 was sighted flying over as it sank during an eruption in 1966. This is a reference to the finale of the Mythos Arc as depicted in the 2001 Anime.
- This trailer briefly shows flashbacks of the conception of the 00-Cyborgs, among which included a brain a jar connected by wires, a reference to the Underground Empire of Yomi arc with the final battle against Black Ghost.
- The first chapter references the events of 009 Re:Cyborg
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Cyborg 009 Gets 3 New CG Films by Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.'s Kamiyama
- ↑ https://twitter.com/cinematoday/status/755190428006092800
- ↑ http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/13-1/netflix-nabs-cyborg-009-call-of-justice-3dcg-theatrical-films
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-13/netflix-to-stream-cyborg-009-call-of-justice-anime-worldwide/.109840